Libros will be closed Saturday July 18, 2015 while we get ready for the party. See you Sunday!
Come Celebrate Libros 5th Aniversario on July 19th 2015. Join us for paletas, piñatas y más… Kids get in free (with an adult) + they get 1 free book to keep. Share the love of reading!
Want to skip the line on the day of the event? Make a Donation here, and bring your receipt. (You can show us the emailed receipt on your mobile device.)
Libros Schmibros is proud to be featured in KCET Artbound’s special vignettes and one-hour television special on the Creative Economy in the Los Angeles Region, and the state of California. The series is part of the Otis College of Art and Design’s annual report.
Take Two’s book critic David Kipen, founder of Libros Schmibros, joins the show with his list of literary highlights for the coming month:
- “Into the Beautiful North: A Novel” by Luis Alberto Urrea
- “Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free” by Hector Tobar
- “The Crusades of Cesar Chavez: A Biography” by Miriam Pawel
- “The Sellout: A Novel” by Paul Beatty
- “Peckinpah: The Western Films — A Reconsideration” by Paul Seydor
— from KPCC / SCPR.org
Photo courtesy of The Big Read