Libros Schmibros is proud to be featured in KCET Artbound’s special vignettes and one-hour television special on the Creative Economy in the Los Angeles Region, and the state of California. The series is part of the Otis College of Art and Design’s annual report.
Take Two’s book critic David Kipen, founder of Libros Schmibros, joins the show with his list of literary highlights for the coming month:
- “Into the Beautiful North: A Novel” by Luis Alberto Urrea
- “Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free” by Hector Tobar
- “The Crusades of Cesar Chavez: A Biography” by Miriam Pawel
- “The Sellout: A Novel” by Paul Beatty
- “Peckinpah: The Western Films — A Reconsideration” by Paul Seydor
— from KPCC / SCPR.org
Photo courtesy of The Big Read
In this month’s installment, the new novel by Los Angeles novelist and screenwriter Seth Greenland, “I Regret Everything” is one of David’s picks for February.
David also discusses: the literature of the Inland Empire, and upcoming literary and cultural events.